Air Ride Cargo Sled (ARCS)
- Air Ride Cargo Sled (ARCS) built to support Cold Regions (CRREL)
- Greenland Inland Traverse (GRiT )
- Light Science Traverse of Pine Island Glacier (PIG)
- South Pole Traverse (SPoT)
- Whillans Ice Stream Subglacial Access Research Drilling (WISSARD)
The National Science Foundation’s Division of Polar Programs (NSF-PLR) operates the U.S. Antarctic Program (USAP) to conduct scientific research in Antarctica. McMurdo Station, on Ross Island, is USAP’s largest facility, and it serves as the resupply hub for the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station located on the Polar Plateau. Until 2008, essentially all fuel and cargo transported to South Pole was delivered via airlift using ski-equipped LC130 Hercules aircraft.